Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all you ladies out there!


Hope you all had a lovely day, and were thoroughly spoiled just like I was. OH got up with Little Boy when he woke up, whilst I got to go back to sleep. I was woken up by my two little people a while later with a very intricate menu drawn up by Big Girl, with choices for breakfast, drinks, snacks and lunch. Bless her, it must have taken ages. 


After tea and toast in bed and a little read of my book (It didn't feel right lazing in bed for too long) I went downstairs to yet more treats...



A whole bag of goodies, gosh I was lucky! I certainly won't need any more sweets for a while. Think we better delay Easter for a few months at least. The loose sweets were from a pass the parcel Big Girl had made, with mostly sweets for me, but also some for OH and Little Boy too. She excelled herself, and I said I have high expectations for next year! I even got to relax whilst she made lunch for me, pasta with tomato sauce. Dessert tasted better than it looked, and was an idea she concocted up consisting of frozen berries and juice and ice. 



The day is now nearly over, and I am snuggled in my armchair with a blanket and hot water bottle, wondering if I need another chocolate....

Xx




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a brilliant Mothers' Day. Both my girls have mock exams this week, so we've postponed our day out until next weekend. Just catching up on your posts - your birthday wreath is amazing! Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, I was rather pleased with how the wreath turned out. Stay tuned, I have an Easter one coming up! Good luck for your girls' exams xx

      Delete
  2. How lovely!!! Glad you had a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if you had a fabulous Mother's Day, I love your daughter's menu plan for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely, looks like you were thoroughly spoilt! Just love the menus your daughter did, so much love and thought went into them!
    Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete