Tuesday 8 May 2018

Hotter than Honolulu

The first May Bank holiday, and it was a record breaker - reaching 28.7C (84F) it was the warmest early May bank holiday in UK history.

 So how did we enjoy the lovely weather? Stuck indoors installing a floating floor in the playroom 🙁
It used to be an integral garage, so only had a concrete floor which was cold, and also there was a step down from the house. So we added a floating floor (insulation with flooring over the top) to bring it in line. 


Looking out of the room towards the hall, you can see underneath the house, where the step was. This has now been filled in, but I still go to step down whenever I go in the room!

We were a bit worried that the floor was going to make a noise, as when just the insulation was down it was a bit squeaky when you walked on it. But once the flooring was laid on top, it just feels like a normal floor. 

Everything that was stored in the room had to be taken outside, so our drive resembled Steptoe's yard!

I was lucky to get a bit of a reprieve and some sunshine when I tidied out the greenhouse. 

I've got three raised beds in there that I wanted emptying so I could move them. Little Boy offered to help, and I gave him an incentive by paying him 20p for every plant pot he filled. £1.20 later, he'd emptied one bed and we stopped for tea and biccies. 

Once the contents were emptied out onto the lawn, and the floor swept it was already a vast improvement...

There are lots of staging and shelving ideas in garden centres and online, but the majority are expensive. We had a few garden tables surplus to requirements, and they are just the business. The smaller one fits nicely on top of the big one, and I have room on the larger one for a potting tray with a chair. 

Next time, I've got HeApS of photos to show you
XxXx








No comments:

Post a Comment