Tuesday 28 February 2017

A pheasant visitor


My sister came to visit a few days ago, and when I went to answer the door she pointed out a pheasant wandering outside the neighbour's house. We live on the outskirts of town, and have many acres of fields and woodland surrounding us, but it seemed strange that he had decided to have a wander around a built up residential area. I went and got some bird food and sprinkled it on our lawn, then we went in for a cup of tea. 

A little while later I thought I would just see if he was still around, and got a shock when I opened the porch door....


He was stood there, waiting to come in! He looked very indignant about being shut out, and you could almost hear him saying, "I've been stood here for ages waiting for you."! He didn't even seem scared, and only moved away when I actually opened the front door. I put some more food out for him, and he spent quite a while out there tucking in, before jumping up on our fence and flying away. 

We enjoyed watching our unusual but friendly visitor. 

XxXx



1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of him peeking through the door. We have pheasies in our back garden too. I would put money on him returning now that you have fed him - ours actually tap on the back door to tell us that it's breakfast time! xx

    ReplyDelete