Tuesday 9 June 2015

Off sick


I have company at home this week, as OH has done his back in and is on complete bed rest. He can't stand without two sticks to hold him up, and needs a hand to do all the things we take for granted - washing, getting dressed, going to the toilet. It's times like this you appreciate being healthy (I was going to say 'fit and healthy' but that would be a lie, as shamefully fitness is low down on my list of things I like to do!)

I have a heap of potions and pills to remember how much and when to give him - Vitamin C, magnesium, wheatgerm oil, paracetamol, naproxen and tramadol. 
Every time I prepare a meal for him, he has a little of pile of pills on the side!
Looking into magnesium online, apparently a lot of people are deficient, and do you know a good source of magnesium - chocolate!!! So never mind being good and cutting down, I MUST have chocolate ;-)
(So apparently if you are one of those people who crave chocolate, you may be deficient in magnesium)


At the moment he is lay on a mattress in front of the wood burner, whilst I write my blog. He started off spending all day and night in bed, but was getting a bit fed up, so we decided to move him into the lounge in the daytime. I think it's better to be involved in the day to day family routine, rather than stuck in a room on his own. Plus it's super cosy in front of the fire!


Thought I'd finish with a photo of the Bougainvillea growing up the front of the house. It's still only small at the minute, but it flowers it's socks off for ages and ages. The only downside to it is the lethal, long thorns it has (you can see some underneath the top lot of flowers on the left). I've heard several people saying they have actually punctured their car tyres before. 


That's it for now, off to have a sandwich and a yummy homemade chocolate muffin (I must post the recipe one day, as they are delicious!)

Xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment