Friday 25 August 2017

Floral distraction

Do you ever get distracted in the garden? I went out after tea last night, to check on the seedlings growing in the greenhouse. As I stepped in I noticed the secateurs on the side, so decided whilst I was out there to cut some flowers for the house. About 45 minutes later, after picking and deadheading, I had this...


You have to excuse the awful photo quality, it was nearly 9pm and I took this in the utility. The vase on the right is full of amaranthus. I've called it the Sideshow Bob arrangement 😄 (if you've ever watched the Simpsons you'll get it). The vase of flowers at the back just has an assortment of flowers in it, including cosmos, crocosmia, rudbeckia, antirrhinum, and nicotiana. It just goes to show you don't need a huge garden to have a constant supply of fresh flowers for the house. It's not very clear in picture but there are a few bits of greenery sticking out of the top - they are actually bird seed which the birds have spilt when feeding, and I left it to grow! I knew it would come in useful one day. 
The two small arrangements were a last minute add on, one for Big Girl's room, one for Little Boy's room. 
And after all that, when I finally came in and sat down, I realised I had forgotten to do what I actually went out for - check on the seedlings! I must do that today, and maybe some weeding whilst I'm out there...

XxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment