Friday 16 June 2017

A scary skeleton surprise

When we were living in New Zealand I missed going to the local auctions. I have only recently got back into viewing them. Unfortunately I couldn't make the latest one in person, so had to leave bids. One thing I bid on was a rather large box of Halloween bits and pieces, which I won for the grand sum of £15. I was sure the children would like all of it, but the main thing I was interested in were the two large metal pumpkins, with a little door in the back so you put a candle inside. I do like the fun of carving a real pumpkin, but they do end up a soggy, smelly mess on your doorstep after about a week. This way I get all the fun and none of the mess! They are brand new, still had a label on, and will look handsome either side of the door come October time....

The rest of the stuff was packed into a large cardboard box. I had rooted through a bit of the top layer, but it was so tangled up I couldn't get to the bottom of it. I couldn't wait to pick Little Boy up from nursery so he could help unpack our box of goodies....

Here's what was inside - 

Three large, scary skeletons, who's eyes glow red and they scream and moan when you press a button. Little Boy was rather scared of them at first, but now we can't get him to leave them alone. He liked pressing the button to scare visitors. I think come Halloween we need to stack up on spare batteries!

Five black cloaked skeletons, and a blonde (?) skeleton....

Five big broomsticks, and five child size ones. One of the big ones still had a £6.99 price tag on it....

Two 'Happy Halloween' banners....

Two large cardboard skeletons....

A rather smiley glow in the dark skeleton, wearing some of the pumpkin and glow in the dark skull tinsel (there was a box full of this)....

Five spiders, three of which wiggle around when you pull the cord....

Eight witches hats (two adult and six child size), and two trick or treat bowls guarded by a rather cross skeleton, who leaps forward and tells you 'hands off my sweets' and other sayings when you go to take a sweet from the bowl....

And finally, two cauldrons full of Halloween garlands and tinsel, three tea light holders and a box of tea lights....

So we are well stocked up for Halloween, maybe a Halloween party is called for?! I think maybe I might sell some at a car boot and recoup my outlay, then we can enjoy the rest for free!


XxXx






No comments:

Post a Comment